Volition's CTG Editor offers a very robust road generation system that can generate road geometry by lofting a profile along a spline. This allows for rapid iteration of the road network in the Saints Row franchise, but the profile data needs to be defined and managed somewhere. Enter the Road Profile editor.
The RPE allows an artist to define the profile of a road in 2D space by drawing and manipulating splines in a viewport. This can be a 2 lane or 4 lane road. A road with or without sidewalks. or even elevated highway profiles.
Additional data like pedestrian walking paths, traffic splines, medians, parking nodes, etc. can be defined within the road profile resource.
- Create, iterate and manage road profile assets.
- Manipulate splines to define the profile shape. No spinner widgets or entering numbers.
- Add & manage secondary data points like traffic lanes, pedestrian walking paths, medians, parking nodes, etc.
- Create a secondary set of splines defining the road’s collision mesh.
- Easily filter and find elements in the profile with the object picker.